November’s subject is Online Collaboration
I Got Confused Reading It (READ THIS ARTICLE)
Watch the video and read the PDF, the video is short this month, so there is an article as well. We will look at a variety of tools to assist in online collaboration. Just the video and article are due before class. And, no, you may not use this article as your blog post article. Nice try, though.
Podcasts for Educators
10 Minute Teacher (from CoolCatTeacher)
Podcasts for Students
(Edublogs, 13+ unless teacher, Blogger 13+)
Blogging in the Classroom
Flipgrid (Flip Code: mili2018)
Google Slides Questions
Google Classroom Chat
Assignments for November
- Create a Google Site for your use, it can be for your class, for your library, for a specific assignment, or for a group or project. Be sure to link to your site in your blog post this month.
- Subscribe to a new podcast.
- Post two videos on Flipgrid. a. Share an idea for using FG as a collaborative tool and/or a classroom tool in 90 seconds or less. b. Ask a question about something related to information literacy 45 seconds or less.
- Watch the FG videos and if you can, answer someone’s question.
Blog Assignments for November
- Write a reflection of the video and our course, discussing how you might use Google Sites, podcasts, blogging, or backchanneling in the classroom. Be sure to discuss how you use online collaboration as a tool for teaching. Don’t forget to include the link to your Google Site in your blog.
- Find an article that discusses online collaboration, blogging/microblogging, or backchanneling and discuss the article in your blog post. Be sure to link the article in your blog. Or, you can listen to your new podcast and discuss what you learned in a blog post. Be sure to link to the podcast in your blog.