September’s subject is Research Ready: Google and Databases
Please watch the three videos below before you come to our September class.
Assignments and Research
Metronet Advocates the 5 Steps:
Assignments for September
1) Create a Google Custom Search that searches any websites you’d like, be sure to include the link to your search in your first blog post.
2) Fill out the Art Evaluation of Assignments sheet for one of your assignments to see if there is any area where you could better incorporate research.
3) Use the Database Exploration Checklist to explore the ELM databases and identify some that may be useful for your students.
Blog Assignments for September
- Write a reflection on the video, our class in September, and be sure to discuss how you think a Google Custom Search could help your research project. Don’t forget to include the link to your custom search in your blog post.
- Find a resource that talks about searching websites, evaluating websites, students using the web for research, database searching or related and discuss the article and how it relates to our class and your research project. Be sure to link the resource in your blog post.
Tools for September
Opposing Viewpoints (Beta)
Your library app
Overdrive, Zinio, Libby, Cloud Library, Hoopla, Ebooks MN